Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Brooklyn Bridge


This photo was taken as I was walking across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Mainly, the Brooklyn Bridge links Brooklyn and Manhattan together. However, it has become more than a use for transportation, but it is a very popular attraction. In fact it is such a popular attraction that hundreds of spectators and tourists walk and bike ride across this bridge every day. (I had to wait for a while before I could snap this shot with very view people in my way!)

Whenever I am in the area of lower Manhattan, I tend to gravitate toward the Brooklyn Bridge. Most of my favorite pictures contain this magnificent structure. These tall stone towers add something special to any picture. The architecture of this bridge is definitely a must see when traveling to New York! 

Not only does the Brooklyn Bridge add aesthetic value to New York and it's skyline, but it also contains a lot of history as well. The bridge was originally built in the 1800s, making it over 125 years old. It was one of the biggest construction projects of it's time and also one of the first bridges in New York.

-Laura

Photo credit: Laura Nappi

No comments:

Post a Comment